Friday, June 12, 2009

Favorite Foto Friday (Thanks Christina!)

Last weekend some friends came over. I had bought a new pool. Our old kiddie pool didn't survive the winter. Now that we had three kids, I figured that a standard kiddie pool wasn't deep enough or wide enough. So for just $5 more, I could get an 8 foot wide pool. Being a very poor judge of size, I didn't realize how HUGE this thing would be. We decided that if we were going to fill this gigantic bathtub, we need to invite someone over to make it worth filling. (It took over an hour just to fill it 1/3 full.)
The evening only confirmed to me even more how God created us to be in fellowship with others, just as we are to be in fellowship with Him. Even though everyone was up past their bedtime, the evening ended with an afterglow that lasted long into the next day.


In fact, I kind of felt like Moses who had to cover his head with a veil after spending time with the Lord.
29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. 30 When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him. 31 But Moses called to them; so Aaron and all the leaders of the community came back to him, and he spoke to them. 32 Afterward all the Israelites came near him, and he gave them all the commands the LORD had given him on Mount Sinai. 33 When Moses finished speaking to them, he put a veil over his face. 34 But whenever he entered the LORD's presence to speak with him, he removed the veil until he came out. And when he came out and told the Israelites what he had been commanded, 35 they saw that his face was radiant. Then Moses would put the veil back over his face until he went in to speak with the LORD. Exodus 34: 29-35

Moses face was radiant after spending time with the Lord. Imagine. Slightly convicting. I admit that recently my face has not emerged brilliant from my Quiet Times. The residual effects haven't lasted into the following day, let alone the next hour, like our time with friends did this past weekend. I haven't laughed with Him, like my belly shook with our friends. We feasted on good, grilled meat. When have I last feasted on solid food from His Word?

A good time was had by all. Thank you, God. Let it remind me to spend that kind of time with You. Lord, allow me to feast and laugh with you, like I can with the people you created.


4 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

You are welcome, Jodi. :) Great post!

Unknown said...

Very creative pictures -I love them and what great thinking!

Jennifer Nordin, LMT, CPT said...

Hi Lynn,
My name is Jen and I saw that you were just added as a contributing author on Healthy Moms too! Thought I would stop over and introduce myself. :) So nice to meet another Christian natural loving mom. Hope you will click over for a visit at Oils For Wellness sometime. Blessings, Jen

Cascia Talbert said...

I bet the fellowship with your friends was wonderful. Great photos, by the way! Enjoy your new pool.