Saturday, July 11, 2009

Healthy Zucchini Whole Wheat Muffins

All of my hard work and meticulous care of dirt, seeds and water back in February is beginning to pay off.
You are looking at one of my first dinner table creations (beside salad) from my garden: a zucchini muffin.

I bet you want the recipe.

Sure.

Twist my arm like I twisted the zucchini off of Mr. Smackdown's plant.

Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins

2 cups whole wheat flour (freshly ground, if possible)
1 tbls baking powder (I know, that seems like a lot!)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup raw milk
1/3 cup palm oil, coconut oil, peanut oil, or almond oil
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1 cup grated zucchini
2/3 cup raisins, cranberries, or chopped dates

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Grease 12 muffin tins. Combine dry ingredients. (Let your kids help!) In a separate bowl or a mixer, beat eggs, milk, honey, and oil. Fold in the dry ingredients, zucchini, and raisins. Stir until batter is just lumpy. Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are firm. I, however, like my muffins to be doughy on top! Let the muffins cool. Serve with butter or coconut oil and a dab of honey.


1 comments:

grace said...

mmmmmmmm. i love zucchini anything