Friday, July 17, 2009

Workers Don't Get Married

We just got back from having lunch with my old college roomie and her three children. Still hoping that one of her daughters will be my future daughter-in-law, I asked Mr. Smackdown a few questions as we were nonchalantly sorting the straight pieces of his new 500 piece puzzle. (He has no idea it is 500 pieces.)

Our conversation went something like this:

Me: So, do you think you might marry O or A when you get older?

Mr. Smackdown: No, I'm going to be a worker. Workers don't get married. But if I do get married, she will probably be a worker like me. She will have to work. (I don't know where he got this since I am not employed outside of the home.)

Me: Really? But Daddy got married to me.

Mr. Smackdown: Well, only workers who are really nice get married. But they have to kill bad guys to get married. But I don't want to kill bad guys so I probably won't get married. Please don't connect my puzzle pieces.

I just thought it was a humorous conversation that provided rich insight into my little guy's head. I'm glad that he isn't looking that far into the future.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come?
Ecclesiastes 8:7


2 comments:

silverhartgirl said...

I love the things kids say.He sounds so cute. wow 500 piece puzzle, how old is he?

grace said...

so cute. I overheard Hosanna tell her friend today "Want to go outside for some girl bonding time?"

HA!