Sunday, April 5, 2009

History Repeating Itself

I saw history repeat itself.

I used to watch my husband play football. On Saturday, I watched my husband's son play football. Thanks to my College Roomie, I was able to catch some great photos of this monumental moment in our lives.

I can't be this old!

Moms cringe at the thought of their precious child entering this world of aggression and bodily contact. However, football taught my husband some fundamental concepts that shaped his goals and tenacity for life.

Football offers an education in teamwork, the value of practice and hard work, perseverance in all situations, boldness instead of timidity, an appropriate place to release aggression, and conditioning.

As Vince Lombardi once said, "The Good Lord gave you a body that can withstand most anything, it is your mind you must convince."


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Asher is that old. I cried reading this thinking I will be there soon with Sawyer!!!
Brook