Friday, December 23, 2011

The Simple Woman’s Daybook

image

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sky is a pale purple, like playsilks died with Kool-Aid.

I am thinking... how funny . . . ironic . . . that the one morning I arise early to read my Bible, my eldest comes down the stairs and croaks in his morning voice, “Is it too late to be up?”  Inwardly I groaned that my first alone time in weeks was interrupted, but his presence did help me focus on my intended task . . . and not my inbox.

I am thankful for... the Engineer having an entire week off!

From the learning rooms... cursive . . . Truth in the Tinsel . . . and a lack of learning . . . just healing.

From the kitchen... a bird recently baked with turmeric and cumin late at night, copious amounts of chicken stalk, countertop yogurt, and soon . . . cheesecake, muffins, and French Silk Pie.  (I regret to say that I am deviating from wholesome goodness . . . momentary pause in whole foods).

I am creating... piles of Amazon boxes.

I am going... to enter the world of people and frantic shoppers . . . and I’m not looking forward to it.

I am reading… The Help, the Book of Matthew with Kay Arthur, and Montessori at Home.

I am hoping... to date the Engineer tonight, use his vacation as a time to plan and prepare for his return to school, and soak in a bath in 8 weeks in my very own bathroom. 

I am hearing... a little boy talk with a stuff nose, Ezra hum, Ruth’s toenails on the hardwood floor

Around the house... there is coughing, dust, anticipation, restoration.

One of my favorite things... Naomi singing, my Bible, honest and vulnerable comments, packages (even if they aren’t for me)

A few plans for the rest of the week: lots of time with the Engineer, a trip to the Children’s Museum, family, reflection upon our Savior

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... my very first attempt at beef stock.

DSC_0005

  Talk about gelatin . . . and fat.

DSC_0001

blog comments powered by Disqus