Friday, January 6, 2012

Elementary Round Up

It is hard to know even where to begin.  I stopped doing the Elementary Round Up Link-Ups because I took the lack of entries too personally. (Which was vain.) I was posting a link regularly but seeing a diminishing response. 

Quite frankly, I lack the fortitude to carry the thing through.  I resist deadlines.  They taunt me.  Suck the joy from me. 

So, I decided to enjoy my kids with my own eyes instead of behind a camera.  Which is how it should be.

But I lack some great pictures now . . . and am missing some blog pages documenting our learning.  Therefore, I am back at it. 

Due to some crazy sickness . . . Baby Jesus didn’t get born during our study of the Birth of Jesus with Grapevine Studies . . . so we started where we left off back at the beginning of December.

DSC_0006

After all, it’s good to learn about Jesus anytime.  Right?

DSC_0002-1

The Story is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

DSC_0001-1

The Engineer and I have yet to decide on our new Math Curriculum.  So we kind of left math behind.

Instead, all three boys jumped into Marie Rippel’s All about Spelling and All About Reading.

DSC_0074

Let me just say . . . I love this curriculum.  Forget Saxon.  We aren’t even going to finish what Asher and Ezra have left.  In just a few lessons, the boys have already picked up knowledge that they should have already learned. 

DSC_0004

I often want to do our AAR and AAS first.  Shhh don’t tell! 

But they also like it too.

DSC_0009

Even Naomi.

DSC_0016

From All About Reading Level Pre-1 . . .

DSC_0018

DSC_0019

DSC_0049

From All About Reading Level 1 . . . .

DSC_0012

DSC_0076

DSC_0079

DSC_0054

From All About Spelling . . .

DSC_0088

DSC_0058

We added Wordly Wise to the line up . .  which we are all enjoying!

DSC_0042

DSC_0061

Handwriting . . . Cursive A Reason for Writing . . .

DSC_0043

Handwriting Without Tears . . .

DSC_0044

And the Story of the World . . .

DSC_0040

To see how to put together your All About Reading packet, visit my tutorial!

blog comments powered by Disqus