Thursday, January 27, 2011

True Treasures: Not Just A Book With A Pretty Bow

I am wooed by pretty packages. . .  . a crisp white box with a small trinket dangling from a red ribbon,  kitchen goodies veiled by an ornately printed plastic bag, a new baby outfit tied with twine and adorned with a felted ornament, a homemade name tag complete with a brad, or a book sealed shut by some tulle. 

Christmas Vacation 237

Enticing.

They say, “Open me.  My previous owner was thinking about you.  You are special.”

God has indeed blessed me with such packages over the years.  Some packages have had twine; one sparkled under a little blue lid held together by a small gold lock; four have come out crying; recently, one gift has given me the gift of sleepless nights and nips on my toes, and one came with tulle.Christmas Vacation 238 

The sticker value of True Treasures is miniscule ($19.97)  compared to the golden nuggets of wisdom that Visa can’t buy within this book.

True Treasures: 10 Years of TEACH Magazine,  is a collection of the best of the best articles from the 10 years TEACH Magazine has been published.  Each article takes up no more than one or two pages . . . which allows you to sneak  some encouragement an article in while nursing, before lunch, during the kids’ baths, while waiting in the Starbucks line, or on the potty (did I just write that?)

I admit that in the past I have always avoided all such publications that dabble in a bit of Scripture and a bit of feel good material. 

Until now. 

image

I often only have 5 minutes to myself sporadically throughout the day.   The True Treasures collection caught me by surprise.  It doesn’t contain just a little scripture but a lot of scripture.  And it doesn’t make me feel good. It convicts me.  It makes me want to be a better mom, an effective homemaker, strive for an even more meaningful marriage, and improve my parenting skills.

You could say that there is some underlining going on in my copy of True Treasures.

What is TEACH Magazine?

We are a magazine that will help you with your God-assigned tasks as a wife & mother by:

  • Encouraging you with wisely spoken words.
  • Convicting your heart as He refines you into His image.
  • Challenging you to continue to strive for improvement.
  • Touching your spirit with heart-warming stories.
  • Entertaining you through life-learning lessons.
  • Inspiring you to immerse yourself in the holy promises that are yours.
Each issue of TEACH covers a specific topic, topics that are relevant and revealing for homemakers and homeschoolers.

You will love the tips and advice from our team of wonderful writers, or should we say experienced wives and mothers, ladies just like you?

See what else TEACH Magazine has to offer you as a wife, mother, or homeschooler at www.HomemakingWithTEACH.com

image

I received this product for honest review from TEACH Magazine as part of The Gabby Moms blogging program.  All opinions expressed are solely my own.

blog comments powered by Disqus