Monday, January 31, 2011

B.E.E. 90x Challenge – Check In

How is your B.E.E. 90x Challenge going?

Last week was one that proved rather challenging for me.

The addition of Ruthie allowed me to revisit sleepless nights, interrupted afternoons, and the necessity of applying a watchful eye to survey what the bundle of red fur was refining her hunting skills upon.  

Mix that in with some throw-up and a few fevers . . . and you have a Granola Mom who is a bit remiss in practicing what she preaches.

But as Toby Mac would say,

We lose our way, we get back up again
It’s never too late to get back up again
And one day you gonna’ shine again
You may be knocked down, but not out forever

We lose our way, we get back up again
So get up, get up, you gonna’ shine again
It’s never too late to get back up again
You may be knocked down, but not out forever

Remember, the B.E.E. 90x Challenge isn’t about outdoing someone . . . or striving to achieve perfection . . . or completing the goal precisely. 

It’s about taking 90 days unto the Lord.  It’s about setting an attainable goal.  A goal with a boundary.  A goal with a finite date.  Not something you attempt to do for an entire year.

That doesn’t mean you will quit after 90 days . . . but it makes your task doable . . . smaller . . . manageable. 

30 days makes a habit.  Perhaps after 90 days your habit will become a lifetime commitment.  You won’t even think of it as a New Year’s Resolution – which was/is the VERY LAST thing I wanted the B.E.E. 90x Challenge to be for me . . . for you. 

Continue on your journey.  You just need to get back up again.  Like me. 

B is for Bible:  Still reading chronologically (out loud to the boys) through the Bible, in addition to Beth Moore’s Fruit of the Spirit Bible Study, and attempting to dive into the book of Ephesians . . . or maybe it’s Galatians with our home fellowship.  (Either way, I am allowing Kay Arthur’s study titled Free From Bondage God’s Way to guide me.  And the reason I don’t know  which book we are studying. . . I was babysitting the 1 million children in our basement.  I could ask the Hottie, who is our fearless leader, before I post this but he’s not on Twitter.)

And my heart?  It misses God.  I feel a wee bit too busy.  Sometimes I don’t show up to my coffee date with the Lord when I told Him that I would be there.  I know that makes Him sad.  It makes me sad.  And my children notice when I don’t have a Moses glow. 

E is for Eating:  We have had a lot of good food emerging from our kitchen, thanks to the Nourished Kitchen menu’s . . . but I have been eating past full and in-between.  I’ve come to falsely believe that to have fun, food has to be involved.  Food pretends to be my best friend . . . but it makes for a lousy confidant.  As soon as it is in my mouth, it spreads its lies on my hips. 

E is for Exercise:  Non-existent last week.  I’ll be honest.  I already gave you my paltry reason why.  I can’t change it.  But I can have a new goal: I will exercise three times this week.  That is a reasonable goal for all this is going on in this household.

What about you?  Fill me in!  I love your comments . . .

blog comments powered by Disqus