Saturday, August 1, 2009

Full Disclosure

In the upcoming months, I know that I will be playing with toys, experimenting with curriculum, reading new books, and challenging myself with new ideas.

It may feel like I am endorsing a product or trying to sell you on an idea. Chances are, I could be trying to persuade you, but only because I really like something and want you to join in on the fun.

I am not being paid monetarily
for the products I may feature through writing or photography on my blog. I get to keep the free stuff that I am being sent, but I don't get paid to write about the products.

That said, I will mention that I do get paid a few cents when you click on the Google ads or when you purchase something from my Amazon Store. However, in the 10 months that I have been blogging, I have yet to make enough money from your clicks to have Google issue me a check.

I feel it is important to be honest with you.

I am not rich.

I did not buy the items that I may soon be sharing with you.

In many ways, I feel like God is rewarding me with free stuff. One of the byproducts of my blogging habit is that occasionally I have packages arrive on my doorstep to review.

I will plainly state that in the upcoming months, if not years, should the Lord tarry, that chances are I will be blogging about free toys that Ebeanstalk ships to me, books that Thomas Nelson allows me to read for dirt cheap (actually free), and homeschooling curriculum from various vendors through The OldHomeschool Magazine.

Thus here is my full disclosure statement. This is sure to put you to sleep. So you can wait to read it for when you can't fall asleep some night.

This policy is valid from 01 August 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact thegranolamom4god@gmail.com.

This blog does not accept paid topic insertions. This blog will prayerfully consider sponsorships and paid advertising. We will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated monetarily to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. We are not doctors. We are people who have opinions and feel called to share them. Read this blog at your own risk of having your opinion changed or challenged.

The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.

We are employed by or consult with: God. Any company or products discussed is prayerfully considered and after being deemed appropriate is written about and featured.

We serve on the following non profit boards: motherhood, the body of believers in Christ, and parents to Granola kids.

We blog about people to whom we are related. If you know me, the owner of this blog, you know that you are at risk or privilege of being featured on the blog. The most interesting such people are: Hottie Hubby.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

1 comments:

Donna W. Guthrie said...

I am a children’s author and video maker currently producing a new series for children titled MEET ME AT THE CORNER.

This series of virtual field trips is being distributed over the Internet as video pod casts on our web site www.meetmeatthecorner.org

Each video is linked to fun websites and a Learning Corner of questions and extended activities. New episodes are uploaded every two weeks.

 
Our videos are also posted on , Currki (http://www.curriki.org) and TeacherTube (http://www.teachertube.com)  Next Vista Learning
( http://www.nextvista.org) and Watch Know (http://watchknow.org/)

Currki, an open source website for educational materials k-12 has over 80,000 members who are educators and teachers. TeacherTube is a video sharing website based on YouTube. It is designed to allow those in the educational industry, particularly teachers, to share educational resources. To dates TeacherTube has 380,000+ members.  Next Vista is an  online library of free videos for learners everywhere. NextVista.org believes learning is stronger with teachers and students from all over the world contributing content. They have a membership of 6,000 contributors.

Take a look at the new virtual field trip to Divide, Colorado to the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center. Our young host Amanda learns about reestablishing the wolf population in the southwest and hears the howl of a wolf pack!

Would you consider  reviewing MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids for your readers? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Donna W. Guthrie 
Email: DonnaG6113@AOL.com
www.meetmeatthecorner.org