Monday, August 3, 2009

Encouragement through Life Verses

God speaks to us through His Word.


The verses I have captured for you on these photographs from our garden and the Hottie Hubby's trip to India are most likely life verses for us. I say probably because the Hottie Hubby is currently sleeping. I doubt that he would want me to wake him up right now.

These verses re-launched Hottie Hubby back into short-term missions. We had both been to India twice (pre-kids) and hadn't done any mission work in several years.

I think that these scriptures were valid for him over a year ago when he traveled to India with Engineering Ministries International (and his good friend, Toby--who happens to have the lovely daughter my son will marry) and I think that we will revisit them in the future.


Had it not been for these verses speaking into our lives, I think I might have been a nervous wreck to have my husband leave me with two kids and one on the way. But I was so confident that Hottie Hubby was to travel to India and use the skills that God had given him.

The first two verses culminated in us discovering this final verse found in Isaiah 58:12

Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.


And this is the verse that captures EMI's vision.



MckLinky Blog Hop



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm over from the blog hop. It's nice to meet you. :) Love the pictures and the verses.
Have a lovely day.
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

Heidi said...

Hopping by! I love the way you placed those verses into the pictures! Beautiful!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

A little insomnia tonight..well how about 3 AM...so I am blog hopping, I enjoyed your blog and encouragement....http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/