Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Simple Woman’s Daybook (6)

image



FOR TODAY:  Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Outside my window...  it is beginning to lighten up.  But the the drapes are closed so I can’t really tell you what is going on outside my window.  I did hear a rumor that this week is supposed to be fairly nice, especially for November.

I am thinking... that I so wish we didn’t have to move our clocks.  Just when the kids were beginning to sleep in until 8 or 8:30, now they are up at 7 or 7:30.  I love my munchkins dearly, but prior to the time change I was able to get my QT done, unload the dishwasher, and be better prepared for the day.  I felt like a better mom. 

I am thankful for...  my sweet husband who leaves me precious notes in the morning.

From the learning rooms...  F week will be starting with Sir Honey.  Smackdown is wrapping up his phonics unit.  We plan on doing lots of Thanksgiving crafts and activities in the upcoming two weeks, especially with Smiley using this resource

From the kitchen...  lovely people have been making our meals and I have NOT been cooking.  But all of that will be changing by the end of this week.  Boo-hoo!  Thanks to everyone who made us a meal, though.  They were yummy!

I am creating... two very fun slings.

I am going... nowhere because my mom and my sister are coming over to make ornaments.  Find out why.  (You can join us.)

I am reading… A Basket of Flowers, The Bible, First Things First, Bringing Up Girls, An Excellent Wife

I am hoping... that Naomi sleeps well again tonight and doesn’t get the family cold.

I am hearing... Sir Honey play with his pumpkin cream cheese muffin that he is pretending is a house with a crack in it.  Naomi is also stirring.

Around the house...  well, it is looking lived in. 

One of my favorite things... leftover chai – meaning that I don’t have to steep it in the morning.  It doesn’t really taste good as a leftover, but it saved time! 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  take care of my kids, creatively find a way to bless my husband, fill out the ridiculous Health Department form to obtain Naomi’s birth certificate, write some reviews, and force myself to make a meal plan.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

November 064

Link up and read more daybooks at Peggy's blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus