Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin Spiced Latte

image 

I received this yummy recipe at a very special baby shower for my sweet friend, Beth.  Beth’s sister had made a Crockpot of this rich beverage that far surpasses Starbucks in taste.

Each time I have made it since, it receives rave reviews.  With the weather cooling down, heartwarming songs filing our house, the soothing smell of a pumpkin spice latte is the whipped cream on top of our roof.

And this is what my Monday night girls have to look forward to next week! 

Pumpkin Spice Latte

  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 tbsp canned pumpkin (I often use fresh pumpkin)
  • 2 tbsp cane sugar
  • 2 tbsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a pinch of ginger)
  • 1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee

Cook all of the ingredients in a Crockpot for approximately 2 hours.

blog comments powered by Disqus