Tuesday, December 21, 2010

God Loves Me More Than That: A Review

image

The Bible tells us that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son . . .  (John 3:16) and 1 John 3:16 reinforces God’s love for us by stating, “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.”

As an adult, I find it hard (sometimes) to grasp the love that God has for me.  So if I, who have been loving Jesus for 16+ years now, struggle to wrap my mind around God’s abounding love, I would wager that to some degree it is a little hard for a kid to picture the unseen magnificent Almighty loving them.

Or maybe not.

They still have one of God’s greatest gifts – an imagination for the unseen.

So whether you or your child struggle with grasping the concept that God loves you, I invite you to read  God Loves Me More Than That by Dandi Daley Mackall and illustrated by David Hohn, to usher your imagination into the reality that God loves you very much.  The book is especially appealing to boys as it features a young lad who hops through the pages discovering that through God’s creation he can know

that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3: 17,18)

A special thanks to Waterbrook Press for allowing me to review this book.  I was not paid for this post, nor do I have to return the item. 

blog comments powered by Disqus