Thursday, December 2, 2010

Overwhelmed at the Mall

I went to the mall yesterday.  My visit, which was necessary in order to make a return (something that I had bought on-line), made me feel like I had been stuffed into a very small briefcase.  

I don’t EVER want to go back.

This large building that houses stuff  SHOULD be spacious but instead, sounded like an orchestra tuning for a concert; looked like a carnival on steroids; felt like an over packed closet, and smelled like roses given too much manure.

I don’t know how people shop in public.

Me?  I like to shop from the comfort of my couch.

As I traipsed through this . . . . this . . . . this . . . .  stimulating structure, I searched for a spiritual lesson.  But to be honest, I was so overloaded with stimuli that I could not think for quite some time.

My only thought (I actually have two):

  • for a celebration that is about a Savior bringing peace to our hearts – the mall lacks peace in its quest to fill people’s hearts with things rather than Christ.
  • to keep the reason why you celebrate Christmas in perspective, order on-line (like at CSN)!  Remember, CSN Stores has over 200 online stores where you can find everything from stylish furniture, to a leather briefcase, or great cookware!  (Yes, that was a plug for CSN that is alerting you to the fact that I have an upcoming CSN review . . . but it also is a helpful suggestion.)
blog comments powered by Disqus