Monday, December 20, 2010

Goodbye Starbucks

I bought an espresso machine for $5.00 from CSN Stores a few weeks ago.

5 bucks.

gabes fall 005  

For those of you who follow me on Twitter . . . you often heard my groaning for a Starbucks vanilla latte.  I suppose if I lived farther away from Starbucks . . . I wouldn’t even think about having a vanilla latte all that much. 

The store is just so close that I thought someone less housebound might stop by with such a beverage as I was daydreaming about.  Said St. Nicholas would knock on my door with the cheery beverage in their hand and say, “Grab your Bible, run upstairs, enjoy your coffee, and I’ll watch the kids while you rest.”

It’s a nice thought . . . dream . . . pipe dream, isn’t it?

I could walk to Starbucks if I wanted to.  BUT then WE would resemble a flock of geese headed to the local thawed watering hole.

After many attempts through Starbuck’s comment website, My Starbucks Idea, to encourage them to give moms with newborns six weeks of free lattes, I decided that I needed to take matters into my own cup.

gabes fall 007

With my just-in-the-neck-of-time gift certificate from CSN Stores, I bought this retro Delonghi espresso machine . . . that featured a rebate.

gabes fall 004

The Hottie was glad that my “habit” got moved to home.

I’ve probably made over 12 lattes and countless steamers for the boys.

gabes fall 003

I would say that already it has paid for itself.

gabes fall 006

And I haven’t purchased a Starbucks since. 

Thanks, CSN!!!

I was not paid for this post, nor do I have to return my espresso machine.  I am allowed and have given my honest opinion of said product and the excellent shipping service I received from CSN.

blog comments powered by Disqus