Thursday, May 19, 2011

Springtime of the Spirit: A Review

Oh . . . I struggled a bit with this “vacation read.”  I got mad at the main character, Annaliese Duray.  She just didn’t make wise decisions. 

Neither do I.  But still.

And I was REALLY bothered by Mareen Lang’s lying lips character, Jurgen.  That man . . . ewwww . . . that man.  He really disturbed me.  But I know men like him exist.  I just don’t like acknowledging it.

It still bothered me.  I don’t want him in my “vacation reading.”

Part of Maureen Lang’s, The Great War Series, Springtime of the Spirit, takes place in Germany after the war.  Hope is ready to grow and sometimes lands in the wrong hands.  Annaliese Duray attempts to fight for her people . . . but ends up being misled.  Thankfully, Christophe Brecht, childhood friend, stands by her side largely because of his strong faith.

Find out what happens.  You might be a little bit shocked by the ending.  I was!

Thanks to Tyndale House for sending me a copy to review.  I was not paid for this post nor do I have to return the copy!

blog comments powered by Disqus