Monday, July 25, 2011

Multitude on Mondays

There are so many simple things to be thankful for . . . and it is especially easy after returning from a vacation.  Two vacations . . .

  • walking barefoot on clean wood floors after two weeks of constantly having shoes on
  • a well-watered garden (thanks Christina!)

DSC_0030

  • grocery stores that are open at 10:00 PM  . . . otherwise we would have had nothing but kimchi for breakfast the morning proceeding our evening arrival home from Family Camp (see what we learned).  We were “supposed” to pull into our driveway at 5:38 PM according to the GPS . . . try something closer to 9:00.  At least when you travel with potty training kids . . . your legs never get stiff!
  • ginger . . . the lid for stomachs that frequently want to dump themselves when traveling in the car . . . not that I had to pull over beside a field in Canada or anything. 

DSC_0020

  • Great-Grandpa holding his 13th great-granddaughter

DSC_0016

  • free oils that make water taste yummy

DSC_0017

  • walking laps in the pool with Naomi while the boys swam with the Engineer
  • sweet weeks of fellowship with both sets of grandparents
  • the jiggle of the doorknob . . . the same doorknob I used 30 years ago

DSC_0081

  • a patient great-uncle who taught my son how to fish

DSC_0994

  • living out of my comfort zone to impress my sons

DSC_0097

  • a perfect start to rock jumping with my dad . . . and the boys (kind of)

DSC_0105

  • passing memories on to my children

DSC_0019

  • a quick processing of passports
  • leaving surprises for others to find and contribute to

DSC_0988

  • a perfect Saturday . . . staying home
  • the Engineer
  • receiving texts from the Engineer while hibernating in Canada – the wonders of technology when I was so far removed from electricity

DSC_0066

  • finding Gabe . . . twice
  • how my mom brings hospitability to the woods with morning lattes
  • kayaking through a field of lily pads

DSC_0069

  • kayaking alongside the Engineer while he swam a 1/2 mile
  • that at least I have my dad’s and uncle’s pictures of our Canada trip
  • the generosity of Ezra’s teacher to loan me a memory card while at Fort Wilderness
  • Nana who was willing to tote Gabe’s potty wherever he wanted to sit
  • a late night canoe ride with my dad
  • sunsets

DSC_0021

  • moon rises

 

DSC_0071

  • strong arms and close proximity for when a motor drinks all of its sustenance

DSC_0008

  • daily coffees delivered to me at Fort Wilderness Family Camp compliments of my MIL
  • having the majority of my Young Living oils with me to reduce fevers, soothe stomachs, stop ralphing, annoy bugs, calm itchy bug bites, dress burns, eradicate headaches

DSC_0019

 

  • amazing weather

DSC_0062

  • fresh Canadian blueberries at my doorstep
blog comments powered by Disqus