Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christian Keyboarding ~ A Review

There really is no easy way to learn how to type on the computer. 

It takes practice and repetition. Practice and repletion.  Typing has to become an almost instinctive habit, like breathing . . . or skiing.  You can’t think too much about the process.  You just do it.

I learned how to type on a typewriter . . . the majority of which are now sitting in Goodwill. 

Which gives me an idea . . . my children would think that the typewriter is novel . . . and I wouldn’t have to share my computer . . . and fear what button they might accidently push to delete 12,000 pictures. 

That’s it!

Typing may be learned old school style at our house.  Nifty.

I had the opportunity to try out a keyboarding curriculum called Christian Keyboarding by being a part of The OldSchoolhouse Homeschool Crew.

image

 

Highlights: 

  • program allows students to learn the art of transferring words on a physical page to the computer screen
  • lessons are brief
  • uses the QWERTY keyboard
  • at the beginning of each lesson is a Bible verse that reminds the student of the importance of the written word:  1 Corinthians 16:3,Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem.”
  • practice sentences and drills are taken from Scripture
  • curriculum gives you the preference of binding the whole book or just giving your student one page at a time
  • printable e-book is portable and economical

The Cost: $12.95

The Benefit:  Keyboarding is keyboarding . . . this is a curriculum that will keep on giving throughout the years and through multiple children. Christian Keyboarding provides instruction and repetition, and most importantly gives your child an additional avenue to communicate the Gospel effectively and . . .  well . . . efficiently.

For more reviews on Christian Keyboarding please click on The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew badge.

Homeschool Crew

Note:  I was given this product to review for free through my participation in The Old Schoohouse Homeschool Crew.  I do not have to give this product back nor was I paid for this post.  All thoughts and opinions are mine.

blog comments powered by Disqus