Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Honest About My Laundry

It's time to air out the laundry.

I'm going to be honest with you.

It ain't pretty, but it is true. 

I want YOU to feel better about yourself.  About your smaller piles.  About the fact that YOU fold your own laundry. 




Not your Mother-In-Law. 

Folks, I need help.  And I have known my MIL since I was a junior in high school. 

The woman has seen me nurse . . . a newborn.  Ladies, 'nuff said--don't you agree?

Mr. Smackdown delighted in creating this laundry pile.  He got to use a backhoe. Who wouldn't be excited about that?  I don't know how my MIL felt when she saw this outlandish pile of clean clothes that had accumulated for two days of continuious washing. 

And. She. Folded. All. Of. It.

Let me repeat . . . ALL. OF. IT.

I would wager to guess that this is 12+ loads of laundry.  And in case you are wondering . . . I use Charlie's Soap.

And that pile doesn't even include the cloth diapers. 

Sigh . . . .



I love you MIL.

8 comments:

Kristen McG said...

I love YOU for posting this.
I could probably give you a run for your money... but my mom reads my blog and she'd be mortified by the picture. haha. Just kidding. Sort of. It's more of MY embarassment than her being mortified, to clarify.
ANyway, thank you for your honesty!! You have one stupendous MIL!!!

melanie said...

You have an Amazing MIL!

*Clean* laundry on a well-made bed doesn't look that ugly to me ;-)

Do your boys put on new (clean) clothes every day??

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

Wow, I am actually jealous. My least favorite part of laundry is putting it away.

Leslee said...

Well God bless your MIL!! You are so lucky to have her there to help... I would do the same :-)

grace said...

Can I borrow your mother in law for day?!

Unknown said...

I love you too, DIL and I am thrilled to be your MIL, and the grandma of your 3 precious boys!
MIL

Susan said...

Oh my can she come to my house. we always have laundry. Every system I have tried has never worked. i think I need a MIL like yours.

Unknown said...

Send you MIL my way-

Here's why:

http://thefantasticfive-hockmana.blogspot.com/2009/12/laundry-style-learning.html

What a wonderful gift- the gift of time! :0)