Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Solution for Cold Hands and Feet ~ A Review

If I asked you if you had a Carex product in your home, you might sound like a caveman and say, "Huh?"




But if I asked you if you had a Bed Buddy, most likely you would know that I am talking about that sock-like thing that has something akin to rice in it that can be heated in the microwave.  The Bed Buddy provides warm, moist heat to aching necks or warms up your bed before cold and sock-less feet jump in.  It was a popular gift when I graduated from high school.  In fact, my bed buddy traveled to college with me, took a long drive to Colorado with us after we were married, and even made the journey back to Indiana several years later.  It lasted until she met her fate with our dog, Mussorie.

We now have a new Bed Buddy product in our home that is being kept far away from the dog.  However, even though our new Bed Buddy product is pink, I have to share it with two little boys who like a quick and cozy way to get warm after playing in the snow. 

I'll show you.





 

And I really like our new Bed Buddy Foot & Hand Warmer  gift set.  We keep our house pretty cold.  Often you will find me sitting at our kitchen table blogging . . . the problem is that where I sit is right by our back door . . . which is probably the coldest place inside of this house.  But I sit here . . . because . . . it is my spot.  I guess.  So . . . the Bed Buddy Foot & Hand Warmers are perfect for keping me warm!

See?



To be honest, I would not have bought this product.  However, now after having used it . . . I am thankful to have them.  Being an athlete (ha ha), I have a slight injury that I simply can not find much relief from with stretching.  But the foot warmer signifigantly relaxes the muscles in my feet and provides temporary relief.  Additionally, like I said, my kids really like them. 

The problem:  they are pink

But they are pink for a good reason.  Carex will donate a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the pink Bed Buddy Foot & Hand Warmers Gift Sets to the fight against breast cancer.

So . . . if you are looking for a good gift to give a friend in your life, a grandma, a tea drinker, an avid book lover, an athlete . . . . The Bed Buddy Foot & Hand Warmer Gift Set really would be a unique and thoughtful gift.  Or if you struggle to stay warm during the winter BUT you don't want to turn up the heat, save some money and purchase the foot and hand warmer set!

A special thanks goes out to Shiana at Crier Communications for sending me the Bed Buddy Foot & Hand Warmer Gift Set to review for free.  I was not paid for this post and I do get to stay warm and keep this product.  Thanks so much Shiana!  We love them!
blog comments powered by Disqus