Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grow Some Grapes on your Child

I like my kids to grow fruit.  To be fruit.  To show fruit. 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Galatians 5: 21-23

Just like it makes a big difference in the tree trunk of my day to spend time watering and pruning my soul of a morning, the same is true for my children.

The kiddos have quiet times . . . which helps to form the habit of spending time with Jesus.

And . . . we study the Word of God together. 

Grapevine style . . .

The three boys are stick figuring through the Old Testament, which always proves entertaining . . . especially if they get to draw lice and flies. 

image

But when I can steal some quiet moments with Mr. Smackdown, we are stick figuring something amazing . . .  something that I believe is laying a solid foundation in his heart . . . preparing him to be a leader . . . to truly rely and trust upon the Lord.  (And it just goes so well with praying for him . . . my boys . . . these past few days out of 21 concentrated days total.)

It’s an overview . . . but at an accelerated pace.

An outline.

It’s like a set of blueprints for the Old Testament.  A timeline.  The Bible in pictures . . . easily accessible.

image

What I love watching . . . the transfer of knowledge.

 

DSC_0064

The brotherly love . . . the unity the Word of God brings among believers.

 

DSC_0065

All that to say, Grapevine is having a sale!!!!

I just didn’t want you to miss out.  Check out the June sales here.

But if you are lazy . . . the book of Ruth is on sale . . . and some books are buy a Teacher book and receive the Student Ebook for free!  (If you have multiple children . . . this is truly a beautiful thing.)

blog comments powered by Disqus