Friday, June 24, 2011

Warrior Prayers: A Surprise Attack

The day started out calmly.  Followed by church.  Quiet Times.  And a short  nap.

DSC_0023

But that solitude – it was only the calm before the storm . . . I mean water fight.

DSC_0089

It was an unusual gift.  But it was a gift that made everyone happy, provided afternoon entertainment, could be reused,  gave the perfect excuse for purchasing such a frivolous gift being that it was Father’s Day, and most importantly was a toy.  

Boys men like toys.

DSC_0040

At least, mine do. 

Let the games begin.

DSC_0041

May Gabe go out in joy and be led forth in peace.  (Isaiah 55:12)

 

DSC_0044

 

My our sons be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love and in steadfastness.  (Titus 2:2)

DSC_0047

 

May our sons know that a gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.  (Proverbs 15:4)

 

DSC_0060

 

May Ezra discipline his body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others he himself should be disqualified.  (1 Corinthians 9:27)

DSC_0057

 

May Asher, Ezra, Gabe (and Naomi) fear not, stand firm , and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for them today.  (Exodus 14:13)

 

DSC_0073 

May our sons not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.  (1 John 3:18)

 

DSC_0059     

May our sons turn away from evil and do good; let them seek peace and pursue it.  (1 Peter 3:11)

 

DSC_0083

May our children believe in the God who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began.  (2 Timothy 1:9)

It was a good day.  A fun day.  The calm before the storm actually.

Because then things got rough.  I got rough.  Mean.  Angry.  With my words and voice, I acted like a machine gun.  Rapid fire.  Hot.  Stinging bullets. 

However, I asked for forgiveness.  I’m not saying that makes my actions this week ok . . . what I am saying is that if  you mess up . . . if you load the gun of your mouth – get on your knees and apologize to your children. 

Don’t just say, “Hey buddy, I messed up,” and move on.

Say, “Hey buddy can I talk with you?  I want you to know that I love you very much, but I made a big mistake today.  I didn’t show you love or treat you as Christ wants you to be treated.  I am sorry.  I ask for  your forgiveness for _______________.  I was wrong and I want you to know that I understand that I sinned.  Will you pray with me as I talk with God about it?  Do you have anything else that you want to talk about?”

Restore the relationship.  Yea, they might remember the day your mouth spewed hot lava . . . but they will also remember how you humbled yourself and asked for forgiveness.  Not just sorry . . . .

Forgiveness.

Warrior Prayers . . . how is it changing your life?

Like last week . . . leave a comment (and a link if you blogged about your week doing Warrior Prayer!)

Ummm . . . there are 74 of you and I only heard from a few . . . and even if you aren’t one of my 74 ladies . . . leave a comment if you are praying for your children!

blog comments powered by Disqus