Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Need A Place To Walk and Grow

I need a place to walk and grow . . . my vegetables.

060

Can you help me?

I lack the skills to create my vision . . . my sanctuary . . . my family’s nourishment . . .

117

Things are growing in my greenhouse . . .

115

But I don’t know where to put them.  And I loathe the idea of a row garden.  I’ve been square foot gardening for several years now. 

118

The big picture is this: a respite – a haven for vegetables and beneficial insects – a garden for flowers . . . a quiet place that feels like the Lord’s sanctuary . . . not identical to the first garden . . . but close to such a place would be ideal.

{insert sheepish grin}

116

So how do I create gardening space?  Paths?  With what material?

My model . . . the gardens I love . . . are Slow Foods gardens . . . filled with circles of romaine, arches of carrots,  trellised gourds, tomatoes, and pumpkins all surrounded by sweet smelling herbs and enticing butterfly attracting flowers . . .

I don’t know how to create this space . . . the design . . . the layout . . . without having 16 squares repeated over and over again. 

I have my chance of a new design, using the principles of square foot gardening . . . minus the cost.

But I don’t know how to make it reality.  The box of dirt is ready.  The plants and seeds are ready.  But I am not.

Can you help me? 

119

blog comments powered by Disqus