Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit: A Review

image

Completely unrealistic, but suppose the fate of the world lay in the creativity of your mind.  Could you solve all of the world’s problems in just two words? 

Two words. 

As world events seem to be heating up, I know that I am often reminded of Matthew 24: 5-7,

For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed.  Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.   Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.  There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

I have an opinion as to who the world needs.

So, if I were asked what two words could save the world . . . I think I have the answer. 

But would I stake everything on those two words?

Yes. 

Join David Ponder (main character from The Traveler’s Gift) once again as he teams up with a rich supply of historical figures that have shaped our world’s chronicles.  Like a crossword puzzle Ponder must ask questions and gather clues (per the archangel Gabriel’s instruction) and come to a consensus on two words that, if correct, will save the world from sure destruction.  To help him, five seasoned “travelers” offer their opinions and Ponder consorts with an outspoken Winston Churchill to relay the final declaration.

Do I agree with their conclusion?

I think the final answer, the final declaration, is  missing a person. 

But don’t read that last line if you don’t want to know the ending. 

You see, Ponder et al. doesn’t mention Jesus as the solution to the world’s problems. 

Just sayin’.

Now, it may sound like I haven’t enjoyed the book.  Quiet the contrary. 

I have. 

I even underlined several fabulous quotes, which is unusual for me in a purely fictitious book. 

Nevertheless, I did highlight.  I have enjoyed.  Yes . . . it is a quality vacation novel . . . with significantly more depth than my normal “vacation” reads. 

(Note:  I did not go on vacation . . . I’m just mean that IF {and that’s a big IF} I went on a vacation, I would certainly read it.)

P.S.  Anyone want to send me on a vacation?  Can I bring my family too?

Special thanks to Thomas Nelson for sending me a copy for free to honestly give my opinion.  And no . . . I wasn’t paid.

I review for BookSneeze®
blog comments powered by Disqus