Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Grandma’s Sewing Machine

It isn’t young.  It isn’t fancy.

DSC_0028

But it is my grandma’s.  With this beloved hand-me-down, I am embarking on a new hobby. 

DSC_0030

Quilting.

DSC_0029

I want something that is both beautiful and somewhat frivolous to do.  Mindless.  Methodical with a touch of funky. 

DSC_0031

Feminine. 

I can picture sweet nights of quilting with Naomi . . . crafting a quilt for her brother(s).  A brother that leaves for college, the Navy, ministry, or aviation school, should the Lord tarry.

DSC_0027

It will be a hobby that provides details and has love stitched into it.  Rather than be paid for my work, I have to purchase materials myself.  I have to give of myself to create beauty.

DSC_0028

And the audience shall be small.

I am ok with that.  Thrilled, actually. 

DSC_0029

blog comments powered by Disqus