Monday, February 20, 2012

An Unusual Egg Salad

DSC_0007

Last week, I lacked most of the ingredients I needed to make egg salad.  I decided to improvise. I hope you enjoy this nourishing egg salad as much as my belly did.

Ingredients

  • 4 hard boiled* eggs
  • 1 tbls counter top yogurt
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 2 tbls capers
  • 1 head of Romaine lettuce (or iceberg)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

DSC_0008

Smash the eggs. 

Mix in remaining ingredients (minus the lettuce, silly goose).  Salt and pepper the salad to your liking.

Skip the bread, and scoop a generous amount of egg salad onto a washed lettuce leaf.  Swaddle the salad with the green leaf and enjoy.

DSC_0006

* To boil and egg, place desired amount of eggs in a pot.  Cover with water.  Bring water to a boil.  Keep the water gurgling for 2-5 minutes.  (The longer the cooking time the firmer your egg yolk.)  Take off heat, drain water, and immediately immerse in cold water.

blog comments powered by Disqus