Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time for Learning: A Review

Benjamin Franklin once said, “Of two things you can be certain: death and taxes.”

I think good ‘ol Ben might add computers and the internet now.

image

Recently we reviewed the website, Time4Learning.  According to their website,

Time4Learning is a technology-based online educational program that teaches preschool to eighth grade curriculum using a combination of animated lessons, interactive activities and reinforcing worksheets. 

Time4Learning is a great curriculum for families who homeschool. It is also a great after school skill sharpener and is often used for remediation and test preparation. Whether mainstream, gifted, or special needs, Time4Learning provides a flexible, student-paced approach.

image

For $19.95 a month ($14.95 for each additional child) you will have access to

  • Online curriculum for grades Pre-K through 8th
  • More than 1,000 interactive animated lessons
  • Self paced lessons that kids will enjoy working on
  • Math & algebra tutorials & printable worksheets
  • Language arts, phonics & grammar lessons
  • Interactive, project-based reading activities
  • Science (grades 1st - 6th) & social studies (grades 2nd - 7th)
  • Detailed reporting for easy record keeping
  • Extensive lesson plans & teaching tools for parents
  • and much more...

image

You can check out a demo to see if this would be an online program that you would like to enter into your home.

Here is a screen shot of all the activities that Mr. Smackdown and Mr. Me-Too have been able to do in the Pre-K section. 

Fullscreen capture 4142010 25059 PM

And I didn’t even capture all of the choices . . .

For sure they enjoyed this colorful website filled with variety.  Especially since TV viewing is pretty much nonexistent these days, I know that working on the computer is a treat for them.   In fact, one afternoon I was bent on cleaning out my closet due to pregnancy hormones.  Since I could not be dissuaded otherwise, I allowed the boys to play on this site for quite some time.  They did not tire of it and were sad when the computer battery died. 

I supposed that you could call this website educational.  I however prefer to work more closely with my children, though at times having an additional resource that I don’t have to closely monitor can be helpful.

But $19.95 a month is a little step for this homeschooling family.

Click on the Homeschool Crew banner to read other reviews on this product

As a member of the Homeschool Crew, I was given this product to review, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are delightfully mine.

blog comments powered by Disqus