Monday, April 26, 2010

We Still Do Tot School

Tot School

 Mr. Me-Too is currently 45 months old.

It’s been a bit of a rocky start to our week, so I thought I would post pictures from some elements of our Tot School over the past 6 weeks.  I need a little bit of a reminder of some of the fun we have had.

It’s been a long time since I’ve given you a peak into our school day.  But just so you know, we still do Tot School.  And don’t think that I am wonder mom—these pictures are from SEVERAL weeks!

Here we go:

AlphaBeats 006

We have been working through the alphabet, creating animal letters as we go.  I have roughly 6 websites that I rely on to keep me inspired for our “letter learning.”  Whenever I get an email from Totally Tots, Confessions of a Homeschooler, 1+1+1=1, Spell Out Loud, Delightful Learning, or Homeschool Creations and it relates to the alphabet, I save it into a folder.  Then, instead of searching on the internet, it is ready to go when I need it on my computer. 

See:

Fullscreen capture 4262010 23646 PM

N for Nest . . .

tot school april 017

We did O for Ostrich . . . but I don’t have a picture.

And P for Penguin . . .

sprouted bread 020

More letter activities included, Handwriting Without Tears practice workbook and wood letters. 

 tot school april 015

sprouted bread 028

We are still plodding away through All About Spelling.  I gave Mr. Me-Too the sound and he had to put the alphabet magnet on the correct letter.

tot school april 005

This was a tot tray that was alphabet related and inspired by Carisa’s bottle cap alphabet activity.  In this tray, Mr. Me-Too had to match the letter to the correct alphabet bottle cap.

house 002 

Mr. Smackdown (5) loved the paintbrush sweeping, but Mr. Me-Too got super duper frustrated with the glitter.  I switched his tray to beans . . . but he still got mad at moving the beans with the paintbrush.  He just wanted to use his fingers!

awana 126

Tearing tickets is a favorite at our house. 

awana 121

Followed by placing them in a jar. 

awana 123

Don’t ask me how I came up with this next tot tray.  It is rather unusual.  I cut a square in a toilet paper roll.  Mr. Me-Too had to drop the beans through the hole down into the mini-pail.  He was frustrated with the fine motor skills required . . . but that can be a good thing – his brain and hands had to work together. 

april 062

Counting Bear Math . . .

house 003  

Discovery Toys Alphabet Fishing . . .

sprouted bread 022

Sorting household items . . .

tot school april 020

Spooning and sifting rice . . .

tot school april 001

Tracing . . .

sprouted bread 015

Well, the troops are done with rest time.  Which means . . . time for me to get off of the computer.

Technorati Tags: ,,
blog comments powered by Disqus