Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blogging just to blog

For the first time in about a year, I can blog about whatever I want to.  That may sound like a slightly ludicrous statement, as I live in America and this is my blog.  I did pay for this domain, after all. 

LaMiEmilie 032 (Yesterday, with my dear college friend, celebrating a belated birthday.  My computer didn’t join us.  I didn’t have to blog!)

But for about a year, I have had a schedule of items that I had to blog about.  I had a constant deadline looming over my head.  I really don’t mean to sound like I am complaining.  I chose to accept a commitment of reviewing up to approximately 70 products, I believe.  But it took a lot of time away from my family. 

About 1/2 way through the year, I realized that my blog had become something that I had not intended.  A review blog. 

LaMiEmilie 033 (This Mocha from La Mie Emilie is probably the best coffee I have ever had.  Seriously.  It wasn’t too sweet.  It was just right.  AND it had REAL whipped cream on top.)

And that wasn’t my heart. 

The title of my blog sums up my vision:  Granola Mom 4 God.  In my greediness, though, I attempted to become involved in as many review sites as possible to get free stuff.  And while the free stuff was sometimes great . . . it became a burden. 

Writing reviews isn’t easy.  But sharing what I am passionate about . . . sharing what God has put on my heart . . . sharing (and at times) teaching about His vision for our family . . . simple. 

LaMiEmilie 034 (Simple.  Like chocolate.  Can’t go wrong with chocolate.  It is always easy to eat.  Gateau Mousse au Chocolate from La Mie Emilie.)

So . . . you will begin to see a slight change in my blog.  The amount of reviews will decrease.  And the reviews that do come along will be written because I simply wanted to.  The goal of my reviews is to share what I learn.

I like to read books.  So you will still see some of that.  I like random products . . . and my involvement with MamaBuzz provides me with this opportunity (which I’m reviewing something fun tomorrow for them).  But I’m not directly trying to sell you something for commission.  If I want to make money off of something, then I will link it directly to my GM4G Amazon Store.  Otherwise, I will just take you to Amazon for more information or link you to a product’s website. 

My goal for this blog has never been to make money. (And blogging for free really isn’t a money maker.) It started as a way to remember this time in my life.  It allows me to write . . . which has always been a hobby I enjoy.  I get to display some of my amateur photography.  GM4G gives me the opportunity to share what God has been teaching me.  This blog has also opened up doors to make friends with people I have never met but still feel like real friends.

So, thanks for putting up with all of my reviews and a SPECIAL thanks to those of you who even comment on my reviews! 

I’m going back to the basics . . . kind of like I cook. 

Since I’m being honest, it’s you’re turn.  Is there something you would like to see more of?  Is there a topic you would like me to blog about or even research? 

Technorati Tags: ,,
blog comments powered by Disqus