Friday, May 28, 2010

If You Give a Mom a Book: The Kissing Hand

Photobucket

(I think I might be bringing this weekly post back! Read HERE and let me know if you would be interested in participating or reading my post weekly.)

We have a nighttime tradition in our family called hand kisses.  It appears that our silly little boys CAN’T (more like won’t or refuse) to fall asleep unless both Brian and I have kissed their hand and curled their fingers around said parent hand kiss for them to use sometime during the night. 

LaMiEmilie 019

Later, I discovered that there is actually a book all about this very tradition in our family.  We inspired a book!  (Just kidding.)  I guess there are a whole slew of these books.  Look out PaperBackSwap!

image

And because I knew that I had a review due for SafetyTat . . . it gave me the perfect excuse to buy this book and show you a great way to use a particular  SafetyTat product called Tat Kisses!

 

image

 

Tat Kisses are “simply designed to be placed on your child's hand as a reminder that you are always with him, wherever he may be. Great for first day of school or anytime your child needs a little extra TLC.”

Easy to apply, these kisses have been a huge hit in our family because now they can visually carry their kiss around all day long.  To use, make sure the applicant’s had is thoroughly dry . . . I really can’t stress this enough.  Peel clear backing and apply face down on your child’s hand for one minute, applying a damp washcloth before removing white backing.

LaMiEmilie 020

The Tat Kiss stays on approximately a day or less, depending on how often you wash your hands, though the website claims it can stay on up to 5 days.  Additionally, for us it rubbed off with a little elbow grease and water.  You can also purchase them with other phrases for $9.99. 

LaMiEmilie 021

Also included with our sample kisses were the products that launched this company.  (Bottle not included.)

SafetyTat 031

The story is well told on the Safety Tat website . . .

The idea for SafetyTat temporary child ID tattoos was born of necessity one weekend at an amusement park. On Labor Day Weekend, Baltimore Mom, Michele Welsh and her husband, there with their three small children, felt out-numbered. To stave her panic, she quickly wrote her mobile phone number on each of their arms with a ballpoint pen. As she did this, she thoughtfully explained to each of them the importance of staying close to Mommy and Daddy. She also told them that if they were separated that the number on their arm was a way to reconnect with them.

Throughout the day of fun, Michele had to rewrite the number several times as it smeared or washed off. Several parents in the park stopped her to ask if that was her number on the kids' arms. Each time, they loved the idea.

Once again, the idea of receiving a tattoo was novel to the boys.  For privacy purposes, I have not included my phone number.  Therefore in lieu of writing God or Jesus, as I have, you would write your cell phone number.  What you see on the boys’ arms are the new Quick Stick Safety Tats that don’t require water and a waterproof marker is included.  Simply peel and stick. 

SafetyTat 026

However, you can actually purchase the original Safety Tat that has your phone number printed on the tattoo for  $19.95 for a set of 24.  Options for customization are possible. 

SafetyTat 029

Novel idea?  Don’t you think?

Oh, and the book – The Kissing Hand . . . what a precious story.  As the mommy raccoon gives her little beast a kiss on his hand before he tromps off to school, he returns the love.  In a special moment following reading this book and applying our kissing hands, Mr. Smackdown said to me,

“Mommy?  How can I give God a kissing hand?”

I replied . . . well, kiss your hand and then raise your hand up to the heavens and tell God that you are giving your kiss to Him.

Mr. Smackdown’s response, “No.  I’ll just kiss my hand and put it right on my heart for Him.  Because that is where He is.”

Precious.

Oh, and then he added that his heart was behind his lungs.

Yes.  Yes it is. 

I was not paid for this post, nor do I have to return these great products.  Thanks to MamaBuzz for allowing me to be a part of her group!

blog comments powered by Disqus