Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wordless Wednesday -- Our Personal IKEA Blogging Convention

I had begun to feel a little bit jealous, perhaps left out of all of the various bloggers who have attended blogging conferences recently.

So, I formed my own self-proclaimed blogging conference today.

(Meet my longtime friends, Christina and Beth. They know some of the WORST dirt about me and we have been through a lot together. Beth and I . . . well, we have been friends since grade school! Now that is a long time! She is an amazing bilingual teacher, seamstress, mom, and prayer buddy. And Christina is the one who taught me all about the birds and the bees before I got married. {I am so000000 embarrassing her right now . . . but secretly her husband is snickering!} She also allows me to rant and rave about various things in life, but mainly she teaches me how to be gentle with my children.)

It didn't begin as a blogging conference and the women I rendezvoused with in Cincinnati didn't know it was a blogging conference until I arrived. But we all blog and are a little . . . passionate about it. OK . . . I am obsessed about blogging.

Beth is happy to model for my blog today. She didn't become annoyed by Willow, like some people who I won't mention Christina.


Don't we look like we are on vacation? Golly . . . we are only in Ohio!


I love textiles. A few of these traveled home with me. I thought they would be great for circle time during Tot School. . . well, actually I thought they would be better suited for time-outs.


These are my new chairs. Can you believe that they would turn them into guns? What is happening to society! Not to mention . . . the immaturity.


Ummm . . . OK, it was my idea. I thought it would be a fun picture. And it is.


The young man, yes he was significantly younger than us, thought we were a little too happy about my purchases. Can you believe that he had NEVER been asked to take a picture for a blogging conference before? Does he live in a cave?


Yes. Organization is on its way to our house.

Hottie Hubby, will you please put this all together this weekend?

Visit 5 Minutes for Mom for other Wordless Wednesday posts!

P.S. I would like to add that the Blogging Convetion could not have been made possible if it were not for my mom and mother-in-law's help. My mom brought Starbucks, picked up the boys, and took two of them to my MIL's house. She kept Mr. Smiley for the day and even met me at a central location to pick him up yesterday. My MIL played with Mr. Smackdown and Mr. Me-Too, treating them to pizza and a sleepover and is currently on her way to deliver them back safely to my clutches. Thank you both for giving me a special day out. I really enjoyed being with my blogging girlfriends!

5 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

Beautiful pictures!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Happy Wednesday!

Susie said...

Blogging friends in person is the best:-)

Prasti said...

ROFL! these are great photos! i get a little giddy when i go to ikea too. i wish they would open one in cleveland...but the closest one is 3 hrs. away :(

Rick and Beth said...

HA! I love it, Jodi! Can't wait until our next trip to IKEA!! You bless my life, friend.