Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wordless Wednesday--The Italian Village

I presume by the title that Wordless Wednesday should actually lack words.  The picture should express a moment, scene, emotion, thought . . .

Hence the phrase, a picture is worth a thousand words.

What I have grown to love about my husband's family is that having a wordless meal is virtually impossible.


In fact, wordless minutes don't even happen. 

Such was the case this past Saturday for lunch at The Italian Village in Chicago.  My husband's grandfather wined and dined his grandchildren.  It was fun, fattening, and fabulous.  It was a unique convergance of relatives that really just . . . well . . . blessed me. 


So, I will shut up and let the pictures speak for themselves.  I have focused a bit more on the food pictures and thus dedicate this post to Michele. 

My meal: manicotti with red and a cream sauce.  The cream sauce was the better of the two.

Chicken Vesuvio
Cappuccino:  Fabulous

Brent and Josh hanging out with George Clooney
P.S. Thanks for a great meal, Grandpa!  We REALLY enjoyed it and visiting with you, Michele, and the family.  Oh, and we are sporting some new U2 shirts . . . thanks!

3 comments:

Staci A said...

Looks like a wonderful dinner! And the food looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

that cappuccino looks delicious.

grace said...

whoops. that was me.