Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. 


This is what we got her for lunch.  Though it felt like a sugar fest, it was, at least, mostly organic.  That has to count for something, right?


I think birthdays are BIG deals.  Heck, it is the day that God's miracle is revealed from a very small place.  It makes me want to give my Grandma Jean a bear hug for allowing God to use her to make my mom.  A birthday is the day that God launches His most recent masterpiece.  It is a day to celebrate life.

So we celebrated.  I think Mr. Smily celebrated a little too much.


And my mom was auditioning for the Got Milk ad campaign to make the boys feel a little bit better about their mustaches.   
 
 
 
To celebrate my mom's life, the boys entertained her with aspirations of becoming a pirate, with the expert guidance of my fabulous Mother's Helper, who will be given the name, Ruth. 
 
 

 And Mr. Smiley was content to have Mom push is bottom up the tunnel.  
Happy Birthday, Mom.  I'm so glad that God made you and we got to spend time with you on your special day!

1 comments:

PropellerHeadMom said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Looks like she really had a fun day!