Monday, August 23, 2010

Whisper on the Wind: A Review

image

I have discovered that I like historical fiction.  It can really make history come alive.  I know that these books must be read with caution, and that the fiction must be separated from the fact.   But it gives history more dimension. 

Whisper on the Wind, by Maureen Lang, takes place in a German occupied Belgium.  It is the story of a young socialite girl who travels back to this war torn area, after leaving two years prior.  Desperate to save the family that took care of her while her parents hobnobbed with society, she made the dangerous journey back at the risk of her life.  In the process, she becomes a secret worker for the underground newspaper beside the man she has loved since childhood. 

Filled with suspense, drama, and history, this is an entertaining and gripping book to read. 

I Review For The Tyndale Blog Network

This book was sent to me for free from Tyndale House Publishers.  I was not paid for this post, nor do I have to return it.  All opinions expressed are mine!

blog comments powered by Disqus