Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Simple Woman’s Daybook (3)

image

FOR TODAY:  Thursday, August 26, 2010

He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.  Proverbs 21: 20

(Oh, how I have a lot of work to do to accomplish this verse.)

Outside my window... it is beautiful.  Sunny.  Colorado clear blue skies even though I am in Indiana.  Our new neighborhood lacks a real woods, yet I hear lots of bugs and birds.   One of my favorite sites of the day – the mail truck just went by.

I am thinking... that having two children is much easier than three.  I am going to be in for a surprise when #4 comes along in the next few weeks.  I am also thinking how blessed I have to have such a wonderful family that throws me a beautiful baby shower (and for all of the ladies who came or even considered coming!).

Sue Gregg 025

I am thankful for... a refrigerator that supplies me with endless ice.  I am grateful that tomorrow I may very well may have some more English Muffins.  I am also thankful for hand-me-down composters from parents and for a friend with a large vehicle who transported my dirt producing container home.

preschool 040

From the learning rooms... school was accomplished quickly before Mr. Smackdown left for a fun overnight at Mama’s house.  Him being gone allowed Sir Honey and I to work together the whole morning on his workboxes without him becoming frustrated.  And the school room is . . . messy.

From the kitchen...   yogurt is being made and I am attempting to turn soy milk into kefir.  (Don’t worry . . .  I know that many of you know that I am anti-soy . . . it is in our house for only a season).  Lord willing I will be bringing some Farmer’s Market fruit into our kitchen tonight and making teriyaki chicken with local corn on the cob.

I am creating... work (still) for my blog designer, Jessica of The Frilly Coconut, to create tabs and a pull down menu to clean up my blog and make it easier to navigate.  Also, I am getting ready to sew my new Baby Girl’s sling!

I am going... to try to go to bed earlier.  Also, I would like to laminate some more, hang an alphabet up in the school room, create a Brown Bear Lapbook, and cut some other things out. 

I am reading… the Bible and Mansfield Park.

I am hoping... that I will actually get a good night’s sleep tonight and accomplish something before I get that great night’s sleep.  I am also hoping that I get my birth tub EARLY.  Like tomorrow. 

I am hearing... Sir Honey ask A LOT of questions and a chain saw dicing a tree.

Around the house...the floors need to be swept and mopped. There is laundry to be folded.  And all of my essential oils are spread all over our bedroom.  But I am not bothered by most of this.  It is bright. 

One of my favorite things...chocolate ice cream with peanut butter chopped up into it. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: have chai with a friend tomorrow to learn about how I can help her minister to youth, going to Lowes, a soccer game,and  the symphony.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

preschool 038

Going out to the compost container for the first time, Sir Honey was anxious to assist me since Mr. Smackdown was gone. 

preschool 041

Link up and read more daybooks at Peggy's blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus