Monday, August 9, 2010

B90x Check-In

The Bible in 90 days – 12 pages a day.  Umm . . . I am probably more like 6 pages a day. 

With having hardwood floors throughout much of the new house . . . you could say that sound carries. 

A lot.

So, three little boys have been waking up earlier than they used to, which slightly foils my morning Bible reading.  I can continue reading after they wake up, but I am often bombarded with lots of little questions, declarations of hunger, and imaginary gun fire. 

I have been stopping my survey of the Bible to read their devotional to them, but they usually take that as their cue to look forward to breakfast. 

I am three days behind – four if you count today.  But the sun has not set yet. 

Random Thoughts:

  • I like the name Hezekiah.
  • It saddened me that “because of the Lord’s anger that all this happened to Jerusalem and Judah, and in the end he thrust them from his presence.” (2 Kings 24:20)  May this never be in my life.  However, I know that sin can and does keep me from hearing the Lord’s voice.
  • Jabez’s prayer is so random in 1 Chronicles 4: 9-10, yet I know it is there for a purpose.  (Maybe just for his posterity, that they would feel so sorry for him because his name means, “I gave birth to him in pain.”  Seriously, what does that say to a kid?)  Anyway . . .

Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!  Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.”  And God granted his request.

  • I love reading about how David was able to worship – with all his might before God . . . I don’t believe that I can truly say that I have unashamedly worshiped like that . . . but I would like to.  I would love to not be aware of my surroundings.
  • I’m glad I don’t have to carry a gold shield.  That would be heavy.
  • Wow.  22,000 head of cattle and 120,000 sheep and goats were sacrificed before the Lord at the dedication of the temple.  I just can’t even imagine. 
  • I know that when you go to visit someone, you often bring a gift.  But Solomon was already rich beyond belief.  Yet, the Queen of Sheba brought MORE talents, spices, and precious stones to him when she came for a visit.  He didn’t need it. He even sent back with her more than she brought to him.  Seems like a slightly silly exchange.
  • I like this verse, “The Lord is with you when you are with him.” (2 Chronicles 15:2)
  • And, “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)

And that is all I got to say about that.

Oh, Mr. Smackdown wanted me to send you all this picture from today.

The New House 009

And while I am at it, here is a picture of Mr. Smiley.

The New House 002

Honey was sleeping.  Lucky duck. 

blog comments powered by Disqus