Tuesday, September 7, 2010

“B” is for Boat and Birthday

I’ve always heard that having a boat was more work than it was worth.  Everyone ends up selling their boat.

canoeing 007

But I suppose they were talking about motor boats.

Not canoes.

Last week, the Hottie Hubby received an early birthday gift from my MIL and FIL.  The granola boys have kind of claimed it for themselves.  On this past holiday weekend Brian decided that we needed to take it out for a spin. 

Teach the boys some navigation skills. 

Actually, we needed to know if he (the Hottie) could be alone in the boat with two little boys and not capsize. 

I was surprised at how easy the endeavor was.  (Not that I had to lift a finger, though.)

canoeing 008

There was a little bit of trepidation on this maiden voyage that soon disappeared after a few paddle strokes.

 canoeing 015

canoeing 021

Meanwhile, Smiley, Mussie, Sweet Pea and I walked.

canoeing 034

Enjoyed flowers.

canoeing 027 

Swam. (Kind of.)

canoeing 022

And enjoyed the Hottie teaching his boys some new manly activities.

canoeing 033

And to think that all of this was accomplished in 1.5 hours and only a short distance from home (hence the scenic power lines).  And right before bed time. 

Crazy. 

I love where we live.

Thanks for the boat, John and Kathy!

blog comments powered by Disqus