Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beneath the Night Tree: A Review

She is a good writer.

No, she is a great writer.

Her writing is uncommon for this type of novel.  You know . . . the kind of book I call “vacation reading.”

Nicole Baart is descriptive but not syrupy.  Detailed but not boring.  Artful but not dripping in believability. 

image

Beneath the Night Tree is a book that is hard to put down.  It is like continually opening up a present as the narration follows a single mom’s journey to discovering where she belongs,

I had whispered to him the words we long to hear above all else, even if we don’t always realize it:  I want you.  Of course, there are a million different ways to say it.  I love you.  Will you marry me?  You are mine. But it all comes down to the same thing:  belonging.  i think that’s why when God invites us into HIs family with arms wide open, we aren't just honorary children.  We’re adopted.  We belong.

I really don’t want to tell you much about this book . . . just read it.  It captures the trials of a single mom, redemption, life, disappointment, wanting to be accepted – loved – belonging.

Thanks to Tyndale for sending me a copy of Beneath the Night Tree to read and review.  I was not paid for this review nor do I have to return the book.

blog comments powered by Disqus