Friday, February 18, 2011

GOOT: Dinner For Your Foot

It’s got a funny name. 

But it will make your kids laugh.

009

Tell them you are baking dinner on their feet.  An Italian dinner.  A rich, garlic-filled, oily, Mediterranean dinner . . . on their feet.

Instead of savory smells wafting through the house, allow GOOT to simmer its way through their delicate skin to nourish that active and perhaps over stimulated immune system. 

018

As you stir the oil around their precious feet, watch them bubble with delight and . . . well . . . howl like a tea kettle at the silliness of mommy making dinner on their foot.

Like a Crockpot. 

Overnight.

GOOT.  What is it?  Someone posted a a recipe for on my old food co-op Yahoo group.  It’s a remedy.  It’s a salve.  It’s an ointment.  It’s homemade.  You can eat the ingredients.

I had to use it last night.

For him.  Not her.

003

He . . . my Mr. Smiley . . . wasn’t smiling.  He was coughing. 

029

It scared me.  I had to do something.  As usual . . . I resorted to the kitchen after a small nudge from the Lord saying, “Remember GOOT?”

Ahhh . . . yes, Lord.  Thank you, Lord.

GOOT.  A little garlic, a little olive oil, a little coconut oil.

It can be used for many things . . . here is what my notes say,

This multipurpose homemade ointment can be used on insect bites, Athlete’s Foot, sores inside the mouth, ear infections, Candida, parasites, bacteria and viruses.  When GOOT is rubbed into the skin, the raw garlic oil is transferred directly into the blood stream.

How did I use it last night?

008

I lathered GOOT all over Gabe’s feet and sealed it in with a pair of OLD socks.  Likewise, I massaged it into Gabe’s chest, since that is where the coughing resided.  His lungs.  His gasping lungs.  And allowed an old shirt to absorb the remaining oil that couldn’t possibly stay solid on his feverish body. 

I’m not saying GOOT is perfect.  I’m not saying it will cure your child’s cough.  All I’m saying is that it helped Gabe's.

His cough significantly dissipated.

He could sleep.  Peacefully.

GOOT

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil

Directions:

010

  • Peel garlic and chop finely if you are mixing by hand or with an immersion blender.  Since I used my Vitamix, I left the garlic cloves whole.

011

  • Blend garlic, olive oil, and coconut into a paste.

012

  • Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.  Apply when necessary on aforementioned ailments.  You can still use your GOOT after two weeks, it just won’t be as potent.

Remember . . . this recipe is not a medical opinion or advice from a medical practitioner.  I simply have used this recipe and it has been effective in our household.

See what other Foodies have made this week over at The Food Renegade.

I am a Food RENEGADE!
blog comments powered by Disqus