Sunday, October 16, 2011

Elementary Round Up

I’m writing a blog post that I’m going to end up entering into my very own linky.  I feel slightly lame.  However, if I go back and edit Friday’s blog post . . . many of you may never know . . . unless I write a blog post letting you know. 

So . . . since I have to write a blog post anyway . . . then I will just link to myself because it sounds like fun.  And it’s easier. 

And rather than break it up by age this week . . . I’m writing this according to the time stamp.  A chronological school week. 

DSC_0084

A trip to the chiropractor with our Flat Travelers.  (Blog post coming soon on a Flat Traveler Swap). 

DSC_0001

By the way, I started using Valor TGEO . . . totally holds my (our adjustments MUCH longer.)  Let me know if you want some!

Love, loving, loving history these days. 

DSC_0006

And it is only getting better with the addition of our new Imagination Station books we are reviewing reading.  (Giveaway coming soon!)

DSC_0058

We revisited the Fertile Crescent.

DSC_0008

Coupled with the proper way to use a shaduf.

DSC_0014

Ziggy from All About Reading made several appearances. 

DSC_0010

He is such a kissy zebra!

DSC_0013

Ezra further focused on the Letter U in Saxon Phonics and Handwriting Without Tears.

DSC_0009

The boys had fun learning some Scripture while I made breakfast with the help of Clubhouse Kidz.

DSC_0019

And I  can’t forget to mention our beloved Stick Figure Bible!! (Stay tuned for a fun interview with the artist behind Grapevine Studies!)

DSC_0050

Some Letter U coloring from Carisa’s Raising Rock Stars Preschool printables.

DSC_0051

First Language Lessons made a few appearances . . . we have been learning about proper nouns.  States are proper nouns . . . just in case you didn’t know that.

DSC_0015

Oh . . . and there aren’t that many pictures of Asher . . . he isn’t so fond of the camera these days . . . but we are also working on learning math facts.

DSC_0057

Thanks to Apologia . . . we still are catching bugs and placing them in the refrigerator.  One bee accidently found himself residing in the cheese drawer.  He was happy there . . . for awhile.  I have a cricket beside my Vitamix.  Under a jar.  She is not happy.  I know that she is a she because of her ovipositor.  She also poops a lot.  Really.

To see what other curriculum we use . . . you can visit our curriculum page . . . but I need to revise it.  So maybe you shouldn’t.

Linking up to myself . . . and you should to. 

Granola Mom 4 God

 

blog comments powered by Disqus