Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My First Hands-On Bible: A Review

I review a lot of stuff.  And sometimes what I review becomes just “stuff.”  I was enticed . . . it looked good . . . I grabbed the review . . . and was disappointed in the end or said product just never fit into our life.

Not so with this book. 

A great Bible for preschoolers. 

DSC_0117

My preschooler.

DSC_0118

My First Hands-On Bible by Tyndale is user friendly (read parent friendly . . . do-able . . . no preplanning necessary) bible for kids.

DSC_0115

I dropped what Gabe was using for Bible time in school and we immediately began using My First Hands-On Bible.  The little guys loves reading this Bible . . . he stays in one place for the ENTIRE story. 

That is a feat. 

Huge.

And he loves the activities . . . see the handprint in the above picture?  Whenever there is a hand . . . there is an activity . . . like “slide like a snake.”  Simple task . . . but adds a memory to the story being read.  Easy activities that only require normal household items. 

Other learning moments are provided after each Bible story:

DSC_0116
In a nutshell . . . this book is staying.  And it is going to get used . . . in school and snuggle time.

Caveat:  This Bible is written in the New Living Translation.  Though this is not my preferred Bible translation, for the age that Gabe is  I do not have a problem reading to him from the NLT.
MamaBuzz Media
This is a MamaBuzz Media review. The product was provided by Tyndale for this review. All views/opinions are my own and I would have bought this book ($16.99) had I not reviewed it.

blog comments powered by Disqus