Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Creamy Dreamy Chicken Salad

Sometimes I make something in the kitchen, take a picture, but fail to remember if I used a recipe or created the desired taste on a whim.

DSC_0001

Such is the case with this tasty salad. 

I can figure out the salad ingredients . . . but the dressing . . . that is another matter. 

I’m instilling confidence in you, aren’t I?

DSC_0011

Creamy Dreamy Salad Dressing

  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp (or more) Braggs 24 Herbs and Spices Seasonings
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed oil
  • dash of salt and pepper
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 oz cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs
  • 6 oz grilled chicken
  • Romaine lettuce

 

DSC_0005

Mix olive oil, flax seed oil, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard in a Vitamix or blender.  You can shake them in a Mason jar, but to obtain a well blended creamy dreamy dressing, a sharp swift blade is advised.

DSC_0007

Instead of just eating the dressing, I decided that I should provide some hearty substance to comingle with this creaminess.

My suggestions? 

Drain and chop up 1 can of chicken breast or freshly grilled chicken.  Mix with sliced avocado, tomato, and smashed boiled eggs.  Spoon over  lettuce and drizzle with Creamy Dreamy Salad Dressing.

Forget the silverware, and use flax seed crackers to scoop up this nourishing meal.

DSC_0002

What is your favorite homemade salad dressing?  Leave a link, or better yet, the recipe!

blog comments powered by Disqus