Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Greenhouse for You

There are some nice sprouts growing in my greenhouse. 

DSC_0025

More will be added this week, so as to keep on schedule with our Square Foot Gardening guide.  I am so thankful to be a robot in my greenhouse. 

I’m hoping that by following the step-by-step instructions this year, it will result in a green thumb come spring.

DSC_0026

(No, I’m not a bad photographer.  My little sprouts are incubating behind the warming plastic.)

And a steady supply of produce mid-June . . . and into the fall.  Perhaps we won’t have a $64 Tomato this season. 

Just once . . . I really want to have some Mason Jars lining the shelves of my basement cabinets.  My grandma did and my aunt does this simple task so well . . . I wanna be that homesteader (that lives in a subdivision).

Let’s see . . . this week we will be planting cabbage (one week late due to my seeds just arriving) and chives.  I can’t wait to harvest ALL of my kimchi ingredients! 

DSC_0013

I invite you to get a head start and create a safe place to incubate your future food. 

Enter to win a greenhouse ($40 value)

Mandatory:  See a picture of what you could win, click here!  Come back and tell me what you saw. 

Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)

  • Read my blog post regarding last year’s greenhouse and leave a comment about what you learned or observed.
  • Share this blog post on Facebook or Twitter.  I can help you in regards to Twitter.  Click on the Tweet This!
  • Sign up for my newsletter
  • Sign up for my blog feed

Caveat to International Readers:

IF you live outside of the US and you want to enter this giveaway . . . let me know you live outside of the US and you can win your very own copy of the Gardening Made Simple bundle.

BUT you need to tell me what color you would be!  Find your color HERE.

Winner will be chosen by random.org. Contest ends March 11, 2011 at midnight. The greenhouse is for US residents and the Planting by Color is for international residents.

blog comments powered by Disqus