Friday, March 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Loud

DSC_0039

GO

Normally I have thoughts that scream in my head.  Thoughts that beg to emerge onto a computer screen through the tips of my trained fingers.  But with each passing day that I don’t write, the thoughts become quieter.  They hibernate. 

I should make a new list . . . a list of all the posts that I want to write, I need to write, I have to write.

But I don’t. 

I focus on the book.  Yet, this book is frozen in the computer that is blank . . . unresponsive . . . and quiet

DSC_0041

A quiet computer means no squawking bird that alerts me to a mistyped word as Ezra learns his keys.  My math facts remain rusty as Asher’s Teaching Textbooks is learned silently at a table. 

A broken computer puts a recess on my loud thoughts.  Website building keeps me from entering in . . . creating . . . for fear I will mess up my blog designer’s work. 

But loudly have we been cleaning the house . . . motivated to action . . . delighting in how proud we feel in our accomplishments.  Joyously we celebrate at watered flower beds, swept porches, folded laundry, vacuumed rugs, swept floors, and even . . . dusted furniture. 

The sources of loudness has shifted.

DSC_0040

And I think it is for the better.

STOP

Why don’t you try writing for 5 minutes?  Join in and head on over to 5 Minute Friday with The Gypsy Mama.

blog comments powered by Disqus