Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Earth Angels Diaper Company $25 Gift Certificate Winner

I know that you all really want a free cloth diaper, but I was still blessed by the outpouring of comments to win said free diaper or gift certificate: 87 comments! That is a record high for my blog.

Not bad, not bad at all.

The winner of the $25 gift certificate from Earth Angels Diaper Company is


comment #21 (according to www.random.org), Erin at Ekirabo: The Gift

who said, "I love the blue and brown, even for a little girl!"

____________________________

Many of you have been reading my tweets about the status of my Mr. Smiley's bottom. It has improved, thanks to Julia with Earth Angels Diaper Company. However, Mr. Smiley's teeth have once again decided to move. With each move or eruption, I can bank on a severe diaper rash. This past week was no exception.

I was at Good Earth, a very cool whole foods store in our city, and was explaining why I was purchasing disposable diapers (because I was once again mortified). The gal who checked me out suggested that I mix plain Maalox and Caldesene Protecting Powder into a thin paste and apply that to Mr. Smiley's bottom. Now, I would NEVER use these products normally, especially ingesting Maalox (and of course I wouldn't eat diaper powder), but applied topically I have never seen anything heal a wound quicker.

Go figure.

Congrats, Erin!

2 comments:

Erin said...

woohoooooo!!! Thanks so much!! :)

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I used a similar concoction for a bad rash on my daughter once, Maalox worked wonders!