Thursday, October 8, 2009

Whole Wheat Bread for Renee

My life feels a little full at times. I think that it appears that I am super woman. I am not. People wonder how I do all that I do, but there are times where I don't do a lot. It just looks like it. Snapshots of life don't capture real life.

On days that I have time, I make loaf pan whole wheat bread. But it takes time . . . and energy . . . and the brain function to multitask.

Recently I acquired a bread machine from a gal (thanks Lynette!) who had three and wanted to get rid of two. What an answer to prayer she was! In my married life, I have worn out two bread machines, and was hesitant to buy another.


Photobucket

So . . . I just made bread by hand. Laborious. (I love that word.)

So . . . Renee, here is the recipe that I use. So when I tweet, "making bread," you now know my little secret! The bread machine is making bread!

100% Whole Wheat Bread
2 lb loaf

Place the ingredients in your bread machine in the following order:

12-13 ounces filtered water
1 3/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbs softened butter
1/4 cup sorghum (molasses or honey will also work)
4 cups whole wheat flour (preferably fresh ground)
1 3/4 tsp yeast

Turn your machine on.

Photobucket

Voila!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I have a bread machine in the basement but I just haven't used it. I guess I like the idea of making it myself...although some days I definately DO NOT like the idea of doing it all my self. :)

Mamma James said...

Ugg! I need a bread machine!!! It's sooooo much more time consuming to...let it rise and let it rise again and let it rise again and beat it and kneed it and ...shewww!! Wears me out just thinking about it! I don't make bread often enough because it's pure exhaustion for me, but a bread maker....hmmm, sounds enjoyable and relaxing.

Unknown said...

Wow! Don't I feel loved - an entire blog to answer my question about how to make my bread in a bread machine, and yes I do wonder how you accomplish all you do in a day even if you do make your bread in a machine. Love you GM4G. I will try this over the weekend.

Willow said...

OK I have a silly question but my machine calls for the yeast first and water last so do I follow the directions as you have them except flip flopping the yeast and water part? I have just recently purchased my machine and I am still a newbie! Thanks.