Friday, October 9, 2009

Postcard from God

Downtown Chicago has an oasis, and it isn't Starbucks.


It provided several minutes of respite for my feet (that had grown due to three pregnancies) but were still stuffed into my FAVORITE pre-baby Dansko shoes.


My bare feet were like a parched mouth in a desert. They needed water. They needed refreshment.

And so I indulged.


It was here that God sent me a postcard to mail. In the water channel someone before me placed pennies in the shape of a heart. And I have been waiting to mail this postcard picture until today.

For two days, I have been mulling over Psalm 68. And verses 19 &20 jump out of the page and scream for attention.

When this happens, something stands out, I blog about it. And so, I firmly believe that God is sending this postcard to someone who is reading it right now.


5 comments:

Heidi said...

That person is probably ME! Thanks so much for sharing. I needed this "postcard" today.

Kari said...

Okay, that's awesome! Beautiful photos! So glad you shared. Awesome that someone took the time to play with those pennies in the water - Just for you!

Annie said...

I abosultely love this post! Thank you for writing that verse - God is certainly our deliverer :D

Mamma James said...

This was for me too! Thank you God for bearing my DAILY burdens. And thank you GM4G for sharing this reminder from the Word.

Jessica said...

Love, love, love this post! All of your pictures are beautiful.