Monday, October 19, 2009

You Don't Have to Give Up Chips: Kale Chips

My latest snack love . . . as of 30 minutes ago.

We got some kale from coop last week. And Arianne had already posted a great recipe. I used it. I liked it. And my kids liked the first bite.


I love kale because you can sneak it into things . . . like soup or even porridge . . . for a little bit of color and virtually no obnoxious taste.

But the one problem that causes it to be so good for you . . . is the color.

For today . . . I focused on the fact that my kids were getting to eat CHIPS!



Kale Chips

2 bunches Kale, washed and torn into bite sized pieces
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of sea salt

Preheat oven to 400

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to thoroughly coat kale.


2. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer.



3. Bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping the kale 1/2 way through the baking process.



If spinach made Popeye strong . . . and it was green. Then since kale is green, it can make me strong. Right?

5 comments:

Kristen McG said...

Does it actually get crunchy like a chip? I'd be interested in trying this! Did the boys enjoy?

Michelle Gibson said...

Oh, these look and sound good. Now, if you put those in a dehydrator at 105 degrees until done, then you would have raw chips ~ even better for you! I'm going to try these someday!

Kari said...

Yum. Will definitely have to try these. You post the coolest stuff ;o)

Carisa said...

I am big on Kale right now...using it in our daily juicing and smoothies. Never would have thought of Kale chips!!! Gotta try this one!!

;) Carisa

Prasti said...

mmmm...i love kale, though i don't know a/b the rest of my family. aside from emma, i don't know that everyone else would even be willing to try the chips...but that's okay. more for me :)