Thursday, August 18, 2011

If I Gave You A Baby Gift: An Amber Necklace

My baby girl is growing before my very eyes it seems.

DSC_0213

It seems like she was born yesterday.  Her birth so vivid in my hands still. 

This month she has learned to sit up unassisted, mimic sounds, potentially greet us with “ma ma ma” and “da da da” at appropriate times . . . and crawl. 

DSC_0075

Her curiosity and wonder is delightful to watch and necessary to contain.

DSC_0054

As she emerges from puréed homemade baby food to chopped up dinners . . . it really causes me to reflect on how fast this whole thing called baby goes. 

A few weeks ago, it was surreal for me to sit and nurse what seemed like a monstrous child at our Auntie’s baby shower  . . . knowing how small the little one growing in Auntie’s belly will appear after she emerges from the water.

 

DSC_0013

Naomi will seem like a toddler.  A mammoth.

And so . . . I thought I would reminisce.  Reflect on all things baby.  Tell you about my favorites.  My must haves.  The things that are in my baby basket. 

An amber necklace.

DSC_0017

My favorite ones come from Inspired by Finn

In fact, that is where this lovely necklace came from . . . including the box and informational literature. 

 

DSC_0042

Which is good . . . because I NEVER have boxes this small. 

Why amber? 

DSC_0040

Or rather why on earth would I allow  my daughter (actually all of my kids) wear a necklace?  They might choke, right?

“When baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skin's warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin.

Baltic Amber has some of the highest concentrations of succinic acid found in nature, and this is what makes it so special. Succinic acid is a natural component of plant and animal tissues, and it's presence in the human body is beneficial in many ways.

What do babies suffer from?

Teeth.

DSC_0036

My kids have all worn baltic amber necklaces during those long months and sleepless nights perpetuated from teething. 

However, I never stopped having them wear their necklaces . . . because I just think they look cool. 

DSC_0011

But baltic amber has some other great properties:

  • Its analgesic properties help take the edge off of many types of discomfort associated with dental issues, headaches, and joint pain, etc.
  • Strengthens the body's immune system
  • Restores energy
  • Maintains wellness
  • Helps to break a cycle of (chronic) inflammation – and where chronic inflammation is present, disease lurks.

So . . . consider purchasing a baltic amber teething necklace for the next baby shower that you attend or get one for your teeth growing baby. 

Naomi is sporting a raw baltic amber necklace . . . in the smallest size sold at Inspired by Finn.

DSC_0030

And just so you know . . . I have one too.  I have seen all the benefits listed above . . . but I mainly wear mine to look cool. 

Just being honest.

I recommend Inspired by Finn . . . their shipping is sooooooo reasonable -- $2.95. 

I bought the necklace in this post (at a discount) for an honest review.  I must like it, if I paid to review it.  I’ll purchase one for you too. 

What would you like?

 

To Win:  Visit Inspired by Finn and tell me your favorite necklace.

Extra Entries (make sure to list each entry as a separate comment): 

  • Tweet daily, making sure to include to include @GranolaMom4God in your verbage (is that a word?).
  • Subscribe to my blog, so that you can learn about my other baby must-haves.
  • Like Granola Mom 4 God on Facebook .. . and share about the giveaway on Facebook.
  • Become a Fan! 

Contest ends:  Midnight, September 1, 2011.  Winner will be notified by email and given 48 hours to respond.  Open to US and Canada.

blog comments powered by Disqus