Monday, August 22, 2011

My Students

We celebrated.  I’m sure we will continue to celebrate.

We went to the fair.

DSC_0042

It serves as the white flag of surrender to the beginning of our school year. 

DSC_0032

And the end of a small part of childhood.  Two have graduated from . . . the tractors.

DSC_0045

They may not be able to ride tractors . . . but they can dream big.

DSC_0020

Tonight it was ice cream and Little House on the Prairie.

I’m sure I’ll find some other excuse to do something fun this week. 

Before I have to be diligent.  Disciplined.  Mature. 

Next Monday.

The students are ready.  The school room is almost clean and organized.  Welcoming.  Beckoning us to visit and stay awhile. 

I want to be in there this year. 

So do they.

Let me announce our roll call!

  • God.  Because of who He is and what He has called us to do . . . to be . . . to teach our children.  God is who I call upon first for our future school days.
  • Asher . . . who will be finishing first grade and entering second grade some time this fall . . .

DSC_0081

  • Ezra . . . my kindergartener.

DSC_0082

  • Gabe . . . my Tot School and preschool scholar.

DSC_0083

  • Naomi . . . Tot School launch-ee (is that a word?) and professional observer.

DSC_0087

  • Ruth . . . guard dog.  She’s sleeping right now.  However, we will work on correctly using a remote training collar. 

Overseeing this dance of learning . . . the Engineer . . . our principal. 

He and I are tight.  In love you might say.

Quite possibly the best principal I have ever worked for. 

DSC_0009

Not Back to School Blog Hop

Linking up with the 2011 Not Back-to-School Blog Hop for Student Photo Week over at Heart of the Matter.

Click here to see what we are studying . . . but it kind of has radically changed since I posted about it!

blog comments powered by Disqus